Forming a group in England

Group activities, announcements, recruitment, meeting with friends...

Forming a group in England

Postby Edwin Deady on October 2nd, 2013, 8:52 am

This is for England but might be same for Scotland. Reincatment society with three or more members and third party insurance is recognised along with museum and theatrical people as being exempt from a lot of the restrictive laws on bladed weapons and imitation firearms. We use Shooters Rights insurance for our society.
http://shootersrights.org/content/insurance.html

The society starts as soon as you want it to start. Find a name, two other members and draw up a basic very simple constitution. Insurance cost £15 per member for 10 million PL insurance, £45 therefore to start.

I emphasise That this is just my opinion of the law.
Edwin Deady

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Cornwall
Tribe: Ingaevolc
aka: Aeduin O' Déadaigh

Re: Forming a group in England

Postby PaulYounger on October 2nd, 2013, 12:51 pm

The main law affecting re-enactment is the Violent Crime Reduction bill 2006 which can be viewed here http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmbills/010/06010.i-v.html.

£15 for 10 million cover is very good value and a good find.
PaulYounger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Newcastle. UK

Re: Forming a group in England

Postby Rich Craig on October 2nd, 2013, 2:40 pm

We use the SRA too, also they insure individuals too
Ratae Militia (Cohors Primae Tungrorum)
Rich Craig

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Leicestershire
Tribe: Trinovantes
Time period: 1st Century A.D

Return to Living History groups of the Iron Age