Deepeka Helmets a question?!

Buy, sell, trade for books, equipment, clothing, and more. Discuss suppliers and opinions of quality.

Deepeka Helmets a question?!

Postby Aerdernix MacDane on March 20th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Hi I am searching for a celtic helmet (3rd century bc; continental)

Are deepeka's helmets any good?

The armae helmet (the one on the top) takes 15 weeks and I can't wait that long *cry* .
By Teutates! May the sky never fall!
Aerdernix MacDane

Years of membership

My Location: NORICUM
Tribe: East Boii/Ciumestii
Region: Eastern Danube
Time period: La Téne (400-200 BC)
aka: A. Isarnos Korisos

Re: Deepeka Helmets a question?!

Postby Livio Asta on March 22nd, 2017, 3:30 pm

A guy in my group had this helmet. I can't say it's wrong, but it's not very accurate and, most of all, it is really HUGE, so we had to put a lot of stuffing inside and, in the end, to reshape it in a different model.

On this Italian website

http://www.res-bellica.com/categoria-pr ... hita-elmi/

you can find some standard Deepeka helmets and some higher quality (and higher price) bronze helmets. I saw some of them live and they are worth the price.

No idea about delivering time, but i guess it will take much less than 3 months!
Livio Asta

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Carugo, in *Brigantia, between Mesiolanomand *Komon
Tribe: Insubres
Region: Northern Italy
Time period: III b.C.
aka: Kosios

Postby Jeff Scharp on March 23rd, 2017, 3:51 pm

I ordered from Res Bellica and was good experience. I got the one pictured below. It is a little big for me, though I blame myself for reading the measurements. The Deepeeka Montefortino is small by comparison. They are all good workmanship none the less.
Attachments
ElmoS.png
Jeff Scharp
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Temple, Texas
Tribe: Corieltauvi
Region: East Midlands, UK
Time period: Late Iron Age Britain
aka: Lugorix

Postby Aerdernix MacDane on March 28th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Livio Asta wrote:A guy in my group had this helmet. I can't say it's wrong, but it's not very accurate and, most of all, it is really HUGE, so we had to put a lot of stuffing inside and, in the end, to reshape it in a different model.

On this Italian website

you can find some standard Deepeka helmets and some higher quality (and higher price) bronze helmets. I saw some of them live and they are worth the price.

No idea about delivering time, but i guess it will take much less than 3 months!

Is the montefortino helmet any good?
I am thinking about buying a montefortino helmet instead (maybe the wulflund one or the deepeka one). https://www.wulflund.com/armour/helmets ... lmet.html/
Aerdernix MacDane

Years of membership

Postby Aerdernix MacDane on March 31st, 2017, 2:09 pm

Aerdernix MacDane wrote:
Livio Asta wrote:A guy in my group had this helmet. I can't say it's wrong, but it's not very accurate and, most of all, it is really HUGE, so we had to put a lot of stuffing inside and, in the end, to reshape it in a different model.

On this Italian website

Is the montefortino helmet any good?
I am thinking about buying a montefortino helmet instead (maybe the wulflund one or the deepeka one). https://www.wulflund.com/armour/helmets ... lmet.html/

Aerdernix MacDane

Years of membership

Postby Aerdernix MacDane on May 9th, 2017, 11:32 am

Jeff Scharp wrote:I ordered from Res Bellica and was good experience. I got the one pictured below. It is a little big for me, though I blame myself for reading the measurements. The Deepeeka Montefortino is small by comparison. They are all good workmanship none the less.

I got the helmet from Wulflund and it is better for the price.

Aerdernix MacDane

Years of membership

Return to Marketplace