Jewish Tartan

Sagas, myths, legends, Hollywood, Fantasy, and all the non-historical topics

Jewish Tartan

Postby Bruce Willis on February 3rd, 2009, 5:27 pm

Since I am a Jew portraying Celt military aristocracy I had to post this. No joke!!!!

http://www.jewishtartan.com/
Bruce Willis

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Jewish Tartan

Postby Bob Rafferty on February 3rd, 2009, 6:32 pm

Well... it makes about as much sense as any other! We here in Texas have our own tartan too! I know Sarida has mentioned it before.

http://www.scotlandforever.net/bluebonnet.html
slán go fóill,
JRR
Bob Rafferty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Central Texas
Tribe: Corieltauvi
Time period: Late Iron Age Britain
aka: Mugh Ruadh

Postby Bruce Willis on February 3rd, 2009, 7:28 pm

I know that in Scotland, the Chinese and Sikh immigrants have their own official tartan too. Why not, the Scots (and Celts for that matter) have always been a welcoming people.

I do like the Texas colors though.
Bruce Willis

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby John Olinger on February 3rd, 2009, 7:46 pm

Bruce Willis wrote: the Scots (and Celts for that matter)

Don't forget, we Scots are Celts!

John/Scota
Scotauiros
John Olinger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Bakersfield, California
Tribe: Votadini, N/E Briton
Time period: Second Century A.D.
aka: Scotauiros

Postby Bruce Willis on February 3rd, 2009, 9:25 pm

Sorry John, I actually meant to say "all Celts"
Bruce Willis

Postby B van Diemen on February 4th, 2009, 3:04 am

Since last year, introduced during scotfest, my city also has his own tartan. We have a great relationship with the Scots (wo liberated us during WOII) en have a great woolhistory.
B van Diemen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Tilburg, the Netherlands
Tribe: Eburonen
Time period: 1st century BC

Postby Will Marshall-Hall on February 6th, 2009, 9:31 am

Are you aware that there are Welsh Tartans now too? There is a national Tartan based on the Welsh colours, green, white and red as well as a black and yellow tartan based on the flag of St. David, Wales' patron Saint. However, the chance for each of the Welsh Counties to vote for their own tartan started in the 1980's, (I think) and now, the Welsh Tartan Centre offers both Trousers and Kilts in the different tartans.

Alot of the older people think its a load of crap, however the younger Welsh Lads, are fast becoming proud to wear kilts in Welsh Tartans at their weddings.

Interesting Times.
Will Marshall-Hall

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Wales, UK
Tribe: Ordovician
Region: North Wales
Time period: 250BC - 80AD
aka: Cwnogenus

Postby Garrett Edgar Quast on February 17th, 2011, 2:52 pm

The Jewish people, like the Scots, have alot in common. They share a similar sad tale of oppression and discrimination. The Scots, Welsh, Irish, Cornish, Brittanians, and Galacians (Spain) are the last Celtic people. Tucked away, forced into the rocky coastal extremities of Europe, and they are the survivors from what can only be called a lucrative genocide. This was the end game and goal of Julius Caesar in Gaul and then eventually in the tribes of the Britons by other Roman rulers. The Jewish people are a branch from a larger Semetic race, but so many of the other Semetic people have been lost, scattered, or destroyed. The Jewish are of the tribe of Jedea (I'm sure I spelled it wrong). So your tartan is a remarkable blending of two cultures who have perservered through horrendous hardships and strife. When the government troops at The Colloden Moor defeated Jocobite Scots, the forced "Union", saw the complete assimilation and near destruction of the tartan. To me, your tartan, is the manifested incarnation of true perserverance.

Great Job Bruce! :)
Uxellodunon the last stand. The freedom manifesto. We will never forget, the things we've seen, the deaths we died, the tears we cried. We will never regret, we defied, we will raise our arm stubs in pride, we will never perish.
Garrett Edgar Quast

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Innisfail, Alberta, Canada
Tribe: Arras Culture Gallic & Brythonic Parisii
Region: Northern Gallic Refugee to Britain
Time period: 1st Century BC
aka: Maleric

Postby Patrick Duerr on February 17th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I noticed this in a program for the local highland games a while back. Pretty odd these days, there's even a California tartan. Though I live here, I'll stick to my traditional tartan, thank you very much. Somebody must be really bored to create these things.
Tovta Marae da Augu, Tosgo Mavi Vergalla
Patrick Duerr

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: CA
Tribe: Gaesatae
Region: Central Gaul
Time period: La Tene III/D
aka: Pattosos

Postby John Olinger on February 17th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Some I agree, but there a lot of Jews in Scotland! I take this as an effort to include them in national unity!
on the other hand maybe someone was jsut try to expand their market?
Scotauiros
John Olinger

My Location: Bakersfield, California
Tribe: Votadini, N/E Briton
Time period: Second Century A.D.
aka: Scotauiros

Postby Arevaco Macanudo on February 24th, 2011, 1:00 am

Not bad... Most Iron Age tartans I have seen were a great deal simpler though. I think modern Scottish tartans are more modern and I don't see any reason to believe that in ancient times particular clans and tribes had an associated tartan.
Arevaco Macanudo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Myth and Legend