Nehalennia

Sagas, myths, legends, Hollywood, Fantasy, and all the non-historical topics

Nehalennia

Postby Franklin Vincenzi on December 14th, 2007, 5:46 am

is there any record of this goddess other than as marketing for new-age jewelry?

thanks much.
Franklin Vincenzi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jeff Scharp on December 14th, 2007, 5:52 am

Jeff Scharp
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Temple, Texas
Tribe: Corieltauvi
Region: East Midlands, UK
Time period: Late Iron Age Britain
aka: Lugorix

Re: Nehalennia

Postby Colin McGarry on March 6th, 2015, 8:36 pm

I was always under the impression that she was more Germanic than Celtic, although I have seen her pop up at a few Celtic festivals and such. Shrug.
Colin McGarry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Columbus, Ohio and Richmond, Virginia

Re: Nehalennia

Postby Denis Grabow on April 19th, 2015, 11:07 am

There is no hard cultural border between germanic and celtic, but more of an intermingling zone between them. Also, germanic tribes took on some of celtic culture.

Especially along the Rhine and at the coast of the Northsea culture mixed or even took unique forms. And of course many gods and goddesses were worshipped only locally.

In my home area for example the cult of the matronae or threemothers was common.
Denis Grabow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Location: Sentiacum in Germania Inferior. (or the modern town at the same place)
Tribe: Eburone
Region: Germany, middle Rhine valley
Time period: first century b.c
aka: Brannos

Return to Myth and Legend